FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Tokyo Odaiba {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:36 pm
hailstorm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Tourism and leisure holiday mostly.
I have been to Tokyo before...not at this hotel, but I have stayed in that bay/harbour area.

The Hilton Odaiba rooms with bay views and open balconies appeal to me....but the non central location and inconvenient transport connections do not.
Anything over 20k/25k JPY per night for this hotel seems quite overpriced to me, considering the above, unless someone can give me a reason it's justified.

Also, points wise the Hilton Odaiba is 60,000 points per night, which is the same rate as the other Tokyo Hilton in the Shinjuku area, which is much more central and with better transport connections. (Some nights at the Odaiba are a bit lower at 45k, 53k or 57k points per night, but not many. Most are at 60k points).
If you haven't been to Tokyo in a few years, then you may be surprised with how rates have gone up across the board. Personally, I think that 25K is reasonable for what this hotel offers.

It's only a short walk from the hotel to the Yurikamome Line, which offers a scenic 15 minute ride to Shinbashi, a major JR/Subway hub, especially convenient if you plan on making trips to Yokohama or Kamakura. The walk to JR line from Hilton Shinjuku is quite long, and the train ride to Yokohama an extra 10-15 minutes long.

It's also more convenient than your average Tokyo hotel for travel to Tokyo Disney Resort. And there is at least a day's worth of activities available within Odaiba itself.

Last edited by hailstorm; Jan 22, 2019 at 9:30 pm