FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:44 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by vamsikm
Not a good will gesture. I believe old SPG had different cancellation policies for Elite members. Maybe the agent meant that.
She also mentioned that even if a hotel has any upfront charges, they may be able to reverse them later.

As for Travel insurance, I booked my hotel using points and Chase Marriott Premier card on file. Not sure if the card has any travel insurances and if they do, how would they value the lost points?
I would kind of expect them to be able to extend a goodwill gesture, especially if you talk to them in advance. But that is never a certainty.

I don't know the prior SPG program well, as I after a few unfortunate incidents stayed away from SPG for some years. But it seems that this has not been carried through to the new program, at least as a stated benefit.

As I read the cancellation policy for my stay, the forfeit was in cash with points being returned to the account. But TBH, I am not entirely sure.