FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:13 am
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Helsinki (HEL) - Aspire lounge

Name of the lounge
Aspire Lounge

Opening Hours
5am-9pm

Entry requirements
Finnair operates flights on behalf of AF on the HEL-CDG route. With a business class ticket or elite status you can access the Aspire lounge (you can't access the Finnair lounge - I tried, but I do have to say I don't hold any OW status so it can be different if you have). Even though an invitation to the lounge is printed on your boarding pass stating access is only for 1 person, you can guest a person if flying on AF or KL. The male lounge dragon with whom I chatted even said you can guest a person "flying on any other airline" - but I doubt that is true. The lounge however doubles as a Priority Pass lounge and is probably the lounge for quite some other airlines as well.

Food offer
Self service buffet. Was there during breakfast and mostly just cold cuts, bread/pastries, salad only. Have breakfast in your hotel if you can (for airport hotels I can recommend the Scandic hotel, although Hilton has an on-site hotel too).

Drinks offer
Soft drinks, coffee machines (decent enough quality), (draught) Carlsberg beer, wine, booze. Not too much variety though (1 white, 1 red, no fizz, just 1 each of vodka/gin etc.)

Services
Wifi: No separate lounge wifi - although airport wifi worked like a charm and was fast.
Showers: Yes
Toilets: Yes
Quiet zone: Yes
Loungers/sleep area: No.
Business area: Yes
Passengers are called: No
Newspapers: Yes

Other information
Number of seats: 70 - 120?
Level of noise: Quiet generally
Design: Design-wise quite nice, with some swinging chairs, fake fire place feature thingie, different kinds of seating etc.
View: Yes, although no tarmac view (terminal view and perhaps parking lot from other side of lounge, although not sure).
Multi floors: No
Terrace: No
Smoking area: No
Direct boarding: No

Summary
Nice lounge to get some work done/sit in quietness, take a shower, or have a coffee or quick drink. Otherwise nothing too much to get excited about. Typing this as we speak from the Air France lounge at the L gates of 2E while I sip some champers after a rejuvenating Clarins massage - what a world apart!