FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA seat assignment loss / change / glitch / problem / FAM (master thread)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:37 pm
KLR

Programs: AA Plat for life, DL Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Seat ssigment gone at check in

I booked 2 business class award tickets as separate reservations for my husband & myself back in May for MIA-SCL departing tomorrow evening, when I went to check in this evening my seat had been changed from row 3 next to my husband to row 10, his stayed the same. As of this morning my seat was where I had picked it next to him. I called the Platinum desk to first find out why and then to either get it changed back or to at least move us both to get seated together. The agent I spoke with had a real attitude and was unable to either give me an answer why or get us seated together for the 8 hr flight. Because he had already checked in I couldn’t change his seat online and she said she couldn’t either. Her only suggestion was that 1 hr before flight time I could go online and change our seats, well by then the 2 rows that still had 2 seats together will probably be gone. Anyone have any ideas?