FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lunch and dinner service on 8 hour flight from Europe?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:25 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zitsky
OK thanks. That makes sense. Appreciate it.

Hoping to try Delta One service on flights in September, RDU-JFK-VCE-BCN-JFK-RDU. Have previously been on United Polaris.

(Not sure yet if going through JFK or ATL.)
I'd go via ATL. I don't find TATL worth it via JFK -- the flight is too short to sleep and leaves too early. These days I find myself saving my miles for TPACs instead and only doing TATL J if someone else is paying for it, if there's a crazy good sale (award or cash), or if I really need to hit the ground running and even 2 hours of sleep on the plane makes the difference.

Assume this is an award? Otherwise would advocate for BCN - CDG - RDU (so much nicer to arrive off a TATL directly into RDU vs. having to take another flight). Though I am also doing BCN - RDU later this year and could only get BCN - JFK - RDU as an award option so you might be in the same boat.

On meals I echo what has been said. I think I posted my experiences in Y last year on CDG - RDU and perhaps a couple other TATLs in the in flight meals thread but DL is pretty good about keeping you well fed and they do a number of drink passes. Only caveat is that if you want the healthy option (e.g., salad with a protein) you should sit in C+ or as far forward as possible in regular Y, they go quickly and I find the other options to be a lot worse both health and taste-wise (typically sodium-laden chicken or beef).