FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time in Tokyo - Asakusa and Ueno
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlitBen

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
Is that relatively new or did I just miss it? I always used the subway to/from Ueno and the Skyliner to/from NRT. Wish I'd known about an easier/cheaper way.
I was using these Keisei/Toei 'no-connection' trains from NRT through to Higash-Ginza and further, back in 2015.

From Narita airport, Keisei's 'Access Express' service has trains that feed into the Toei Asakusa (and Keikyu) lines, through the Toei Asakusa and Higashi-Ginza subway stations and onto HND. Conversely, there are trains from as far south as Nishi-Magome that head back along the same series of Toei (not Tobu) Asakusa line stations, into the Keisei line towards NRT.

So you stay on board either way. The trick is that these through trains run more frequently during the early morning and late afternoon hours, from what I had seen on Hyperdia and Google Maps. See: Toei Asakusa Subway Line

It's a southern corridor away from the JR Sobu/Chuo/Yamanote rail network, the latter of which partly converges on Tokyo Station via Shibuya, Shinagawa, Shinjuku etc., which JR's Narita Express serves well.

Last edited by FlitBen; Jan 18, 2019 at 6:47 am