FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:35 pm
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
The moronic part of the one per person is that if someone genuinely wanted to buy the $200's at full retail of $206.95 they would not be allowed to during the promo week. I was told by manager it's one per customer and said "no problem, I'll pay the fee on the rest of them" and they said "that's not possible." I said "so you're denying me a sale at full retail price, are your shareholders aware of this practice?" Long pause and reiteration of "one per customer." It was amusing.
I think that the manager probably knows that when the card is scanned, the actual price would be $200 (without the fee). There is no way for him to add the additional $6.95 onto the card purchase without perhaps being accused of scamming his employer of the $6.95.
So you could want to buy the card for the full price, but there was no way for him to sell it to you for that amount. And since the rules are 1 card per customer per day, he has to follow the rules.or risk being fired.

The company rules may be moronic, but this manager did not appear to be.