FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroflot, Outstanding customer service.
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:51 am
OpenSky

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by jayxxl
Well, since most threads, including mine, are about questions, problems and complains, now a positive post.
I really like aeroflot and think it is underrated and and extremely good airline. I am Gold Elite with them. For this cycle I was missing a few thousand miles to re-qualify. Not a big issue for me since I have lined up another round trip China<>Europe flight before expiration date. Today I get this email:

-----------------------------------
Dear XXX!

In late February, your Gold level in our program is due to expire, as you did not accumulate the required number of qualifying miles or flight segments.
However, we have taken into consideration that you frequently fly with Aeroflot and SkyTeam airlines. Thus, as a token of our gratitude, we have extended your elite level complimentarily until 29 February 2020.

Thank you for choosing Aeroflot! We wish you safe and pleasant journeys!
-----------------------------------

Outstanding service. I had enough other airlines trying to nickel and dime me, this is refreshingly different.

This is rare. Don't count on it again. I personally know a few people that were a few hundred miles short and were downgraded ( in years past)