Aeroflot, Outstanding customer service.

Old Jan 16, 19, 12:54 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Programs: SU, TK
Posts: 17
Aeroflot, Outstanding customer service.

Well, since most threads, including mine, are about questions, problems and complains, now a positive post.
I really like aeroflot and think it is underrated and and extremely good airline. I am Gold Elite with them. For this cycle I was missing a few thousand miles to re-qualify. Not a big issue for me since I have lined up another round trip China<>Europe flight before expiration date. Today I get this email:

-----------------------------------
Dear XXX!

In late February, your Gold level in our program is due to expire, as you did not accumulate the required number of qualifying miles or flight segments.
However, we have taken into consideration that you frequently fly with Aeroflot and SkyTeam airlines. Thus, as a token of our gratitude, we have extended your elite level complimentarily until 29 February 2020.

Thank you for choosing Aeroflot! We wish you safe and pleasant journeys!
-----------------------------------

Outstanding service. I had enough other airlines trying to nickel and dime me, this is refreshingly different.

Last edited by jayxxl; Jan 16, 19 at 1:07 am
jayxxl is offline  
Old Jan 16, 19, 11:51 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: ZRH/LUX
Programs: SU GOLD, BA GOLD , SQ PPS. RIP: UA 1999-2015 EY Partners 2006-2017, LH SEN 2006-2018
Posts: 418
Originally Posted by jayxxl View Post
Well, since most threads, including mine, are about questions, problems and complains, now a positive post.
I really like aeroflot and think it is underrated and and extremely good airline. I am Gold Elite with them. For this cycle I was missing a few thousand miles to re-qualify. Not a big issue for me since I have lined up another round trip China<>Europe flight before expiration date. Today I get this email:

-----------------------------------
Dear XXX!

In late February, your Gold level in our program is due to expire, as you did not accumulate the required number of qualifying miles or flight segments.
However, we have taken into consideration that you frequently fly with Aeroflot and SkyTeam airlines. Thus, as a token of our gratitude, we have extended your elite level complimentarily until 29 February 2020.

Thank you for choosing Aeroflot! We wish you safe and pleasant journeys!
-----------------------------------

Outstanding service. I had enough other airlines trying to nickel and dime me, this is refreshingly different.

This is rare. Don't count on it again. I personally know a few people that were a few hundred miles short and were downgraded ( in years past)
OpenSky is offline  
Old Jan 17, 19, 7:40 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold
Posts: 121
Good for you! And good to hear it still happens.
They also have me gold a few years ago, being around 300 miles short. It was certainly a worthwhile investment for SU.
hessbo is offline  
Old Jan 20, 19, 3:10 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Programs: SU, M&M, BA, S7, UT
Posts: 15
There's a downgrade from Elite Plus to Elite. Maybe that's what they meant
reydan is offline  
Old Jan 21, 19, 11:21 am
  #5  
a7m
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York City
Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Posts: 295
Originally Posted by OpenSky View Post
This is rare. Don't count on it again. I personally know a few people that were a few hundred miles short and were downgraded ( in years past)
My entire family got a one-year elite status extension as well. I have been content with SU for years even without that gesture.
a7m is offline  
Old Jan 25, 19, 2:30 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 7,794
I too think Aeroflot is a very good and underestimated airline, with the slight exception of some of their ground staff in SVO. I have enjoyed my flights with them, and a musical group of mine were delighted with them when they flew to Hong Kong. The only thing is, it is very hard to climb the tree in their program, you really have to fly a huge amount. With Flying Blue it's much easier, with UX SUMA even more easy.
Concerto is offline  
Old Jan 27, 19, 12:57 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: ZRH/LUX
Programs: SU GOLD, BA GOLD , SQ PPS. RIP: UA 1999-2015 EY Partners 2006-2017, LH SEN 2006-2018
Posts: 418
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I too think Aeroflot is a very good and underestimated airline, with the slight exception of some of their ground staff in SVO. I have enjoyed my flights with them, and a musical group of mine were delighted with them when they flew to Hong Kong. The only thing is, it is very hard to climb the tree in their program, you really have to fly a huge amount. With Flying Blue it's much easier, with UX SUMA even more easy.
The ground staff at JFK are also somewhat unhelpful for anything that is not routine. These are some of the most senior people employed by SU. The two old ladies at the ticket counter, next to the Business class check in desk are basically Madam Nyet. Nyet!

Try to ask them to do anything out of the ordinary, like check bags through to your final destination, on the same carrier ( within SU group) with two separate tickets and they will balk. This is a standard request on LH Group/AF-KLM or any big European carrier.

Space plus seats? ( not available, then I get on the plane and fine them to be empty)

Very often I find people say no because they don't know how to do the request ( I blame poor sabre training)

I basically try to solve any problem I may have before I get to the airport, by the time you get to the airport its basically a lost cause. In this regard, the SU ticket offices are extraordinarily helpful ( of which in RU there are plenty)
OpenSky is offline  
Old Jan 27, 19, 4:48 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 7,794
No, the nyet nyet thing is a Russian thing, a Soviet legacy. I think, on the ground in Russia in the places I have been to, they've made a huge amount of progress in a very short space of time. There is a sudden openness and dedication to customer service that I couldn't believe. Then suddenly, I would land on a situation of nyet nyet and was brought back to reality with a bang. But the World Cup did some very good things for Russia last year. I got a lot of the nyet nyet thing from Aeroflot staff in SVO and found it more than vaguely irritating. S7 Airlines seems to be blessedly free of it, with an excellent call center that picks up the phone immediately. So far, in my experience.
Concerto is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread