FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort [Master Thread]
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:29 am
cbellero

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Great review! Planning on going to Sharm in May with my wife. Just started looking at places to stay and saw your post. Looks like a nice property and at around $100 a night all inclusive for 2 seems like a steal. Couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. You mentioned corals at the beach, are these good for snorkeling or is the better elsewhere? And, is there any good beach swimming at all? We much prefer the natural sea to a pool. Did you use the dive center, if so what was the cost?

2. I read some other reviews of the marriott and they mentioned the pool AND beach closing at 6pm??? Seamed quite strange, but mentioned had to do with saftey. Are these pools and beaches also closing at such an early hour?

3. At an extra $15, for dinner, or $24 for all inclusive I would imagine this is a steal. However, someone mentioned old sharm and naama as a good alternative. Are these good spots to get cheap, authentic meals?

4. If we booked we would probobly book a garden view or a premium suite and hope for an upgrade to a sea view or premium sea view suite since we hold gold elite status. Any idea of the chances the upgrade would be available.

5. Lastly, I saw Marriott listed a Royal honeymoon package that included all sorts of great amenities. Since sharm is pretty quite these days, think they'd be willing to offer this to an already married couple?

Angain, thanks for the great review and help!
It has been a year since I stayed, but I will try my best to tackle your questions.

1. The snorkelling would be basic from the pier. There are some fish to be seen. I did not use the dive center.
2. I cannot really comment on the closing times. However, my first thought was that 6PM may seem early to you, but the sun also sets earlier than you may expect in Egypt (around 5 PM). This might explain the safety concerns. On the other hand the sun rises around 6:30 am. If you adjust your schedule accordingly then you have plenty of sunshine hours.
3. If economics only plays a role then you need to include the transportation costs to the restaurants. I am sure that there are some nice paces to go. Just I do not know any. Most of what I saw was touristy.
4. Unfortunately I only have one experience and would not want to generalise based upon it. I did generally feel that they went out of their way for platinum guests, if that at all helps.
5. No idea. I would call them and be upfront about it. Perhaps they are willing. Perhaps you can try the angle that you are going for a romantic renewal of your vows?

Enjoy your travels!