FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Property's Controller Requesting CC Authorization Form
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:53 am
aww3583

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Property's Controller Requesting CC Authorization Form

We recently completed a stay where the deposit (paid 60 days prior to check-in) was paid on one credit card and at check-in, the remaining nights and incidentals were applied to a second credit card.

There were a couple of issues at check-out where deposits were incorrectly applied, etc., but they were all fixed quickly.

A couple of days later, I get an email from an accountant saying "Per request of our Hotel Assistant Controller, I am sending a credit card authorization form. Please fill it up for each credit card used to pay for the rooms. Attach a copy of each credit card, to be in compliance with the IRS."

The reservation is exempt from sales tax, so that's the only reasoning I can imagine the IRS comes in to play. I've asked for clarification, but haven't heard back yet. Why would they need a copy/photograph of the physical card when both cards were swiped and viewed at check-in and check-out?