FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANC - BRU on AS, AA, and BA
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:17 pm
AKDan

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
ANC - BRU on AS, AA, and BA

This trip to Brussels was scheduled as a result of splitting two trips that were originally scheduled for May, however we decided to shorten that trip up and visit Brussels and take advantage of seeing the Christmas markets. This routing takes us from ANC-SEA and SEA-ORD on Alaska, American Airlines to Heathrow, and British Airways to Brussels. The return takes us back to LHR and to LAX on BA, then LAX – ANC on Alaska.

Apologies if I have missed any pictures or details on anything – this TR was actually written over the course of the month and I know some details were likely forgotten. Feel free to ask any questions, and I hope you enjoy.

December 10, 2018
Driving to ANC and Alaska Lounge

Anchorage is about a two and a half to three-hour drive from home, depending on road conditions. There wasn’t too much snow on the ground as we left, however the further we got in the mountains the more we encountered snow and ice conditions. Nothing that can’t be handled, and we even got the path sanded for us a some of the way.

We arrived to the Anchorage airport about 4pm. There was no line at pre-check however I was selected for another security theater process – the electronics check. After that, we headed for the Alaska lounge, located at the beginning of the C concourse. This lounge isn’t a great one and can get crowded at times, but I generally get a seat at one of the desks in the business area with no trouble. Today the lounge wasn’t crowded and I was able to get a few pictures.

Alaska’s lounges, formerly The Boardroom, are not anything special compared to the Delta Sky Club or American’s lounges when it comes to food and beverage selection, but they are a good respite from the airport terminal, and I have pretty simple needs. A desk, some power, a snack and drinks and I am good. Every one of the lounges are different in layout. Anchorage is kind of one long rectangular room.

As you approach the reception desk, a conference room is available to the left. Immediately when you walk in is casual seating in front of the television. There is a hall on with seats along the window and another seating area with television.

On the other side of the television wall is a smaller seating area in front of food service, both with lounge chairs and a few tables. Beyond that is a business area that includes taller desks looking out the window and some cubical style desks and office chairs for working. A printer/copier is available in this area as well. Most areas have liberal amounts of power and/or USB outlets.

The bar is located centrally and includes beer and wine at no charge, although there is a charge for some premium liquor. A self-service area has soft drinks and a coffee machine. Food available when we were there included soup, salad, cookies, and breads.

Some quick work and a few last-minute phone calls to be made, and we were off to the plane.