FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:40 pm
Mainline777

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Was auditing my account and also have a huge amount of charges that aren't coding as 4x. Extremely frustrating, and it's the inconsistency that gets me. The phone rep told me that stuff in airports might not code correctly because it's "in another establishment." First of all, half of Amex's entire marketing strategy is to travelers, so that's absurd (and my CSR codes just fine in airports). Second, an actual sit-down restaurant in that place didn't code as 4x, but Pinkberry did!

They claim they'll get back to me in 7 days, but after reading this I don't have much faith. Makes me want to cancel the card after a year since who knows how any particular thing will code.

I have a $750 charge from Tock (the restaurant booking site that does high-end restaurants like French Laundry, Alinea, and Minibar in DC) which only coded as 1x. Technically it is listed as "Business Services - Professional Services," but it's very clearly a restaurant. Has anyone else had issues with Tock? Huge amount of points - I don't know for sure, but would guess CSR would code it correctly.