FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:22 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by j2simpso
I wouldn't consider Ansett to be a legacy (Aussie feel free to chime in here if I'm off the reservation so to speak) although their loss as the only Ozzie * partner is dearly missed. The only example that I could think of was SwissAir which if memory serves me correct LH did end up eventually acquiring and I believe the elites were grandfathered? I'll let the Euro FTers comment on what happened there the only other thing I could recall was that SwissAir tickets were as valuable as the Deutsche Marks are now when they went belly up.

Safe Travels,

James
When Swissair went bankrupt, didn't Crossair take over the routes, before switching names to Swiss? The current Swiss code is LX (AFAIR Crossair's old code), not SR (Swissair's code).

I'm not too sure about your comment about the current value of Deutschmarks. Except for banknotes issued in/before 1948, DM notes and coins can be freely exchanged into Euros, at the same rate as at the switch from DM to Euro: DM have exactly the same nominal value now (1 Euro is 1,95583 DM) as at the time of the switch in 2002.

https://www.bundesbank.de/de/aufgabe...in-euro-599338