FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:02 pm
cesco.g
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Foodwise I had a chance to sample some buffet items, while having a couple glasses of champagne at the bar. I tried the smoked chicken open-faced sandwiches, chicken skewers, roasted yellow & red peppers, the olive tapenade and an Italian-style artesan salami. All was excellent. The dessert selection was varied and the S=mores parfait looked very enticing. There were also a two kinds of a Mexican style soup, with various ingredients to add to it. It drew great compliments from fellow visitors.
Opposite the buffet is a life-food-preparation station, which will be serving freshly prepared items at breakfast, lunch and dinner time. Yesterday afternoon a lady made great looking fresh pizza with cauliflower crust.
I found this station concept very creative. It reminded me of a great restaurant in Italy, where the "Nona" upfront prepares fresh pasta.
In the dining room I had the Pier Salad (outstanding), the street tacos and the Pavlona (yummy) for dessert. Service was great and very friendly, with Champagne and wine flowing freely. The Duckhorn Pinot Noir and the Prisoner Red Blend are very fine selections.
Back at the bar we had a couple more glasses of Champagne, chatting with some FTers and other guest. The bartenders were of younger generations and seem to really enjoy their jobs.

Overall I would rate the food outstanding and best alongside the ORD offering. Definitely a step above SFO and a bit tastier that IAH. (I can'comment on EWR PL) - all personal preferences of course

It was a really interesting and memorable fun event. Probably the best value for 2500 miles ever!
Kudos to UA Team LAX and PL staff! Well done! ^

Many thanks to all posters above for the excellent pictures of the facilities! Let me just post a couple of pictures of my two favorite food items that day: the Pier Salad and the Pavlona.dessert.

Last edited by cesco.g; Jan 12, 2019 at 8:11 pm