FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:47 pm
cesco.g
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jm0933
I would probably chalk that up to the preview, though. When the lounge is half full under normal conditions, everybody's flight is leaving at slightly different times so the rush will be more spread out for dining. Also, since many people still like to eat on the plane, not every passenger is going to be taking advantage of the a la carte dining. I'm sure everybody wanted to try it during the preview, which would not be normal. I think we'll need to see reports from people using the lounge during normal operation to determine if there's really a big size issue.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
From reading the reports, some of the crowding may have been due to longer than normal stays?? making a day of this since many did not have travel plans or came much earlier than normal?

Probably better to wait a week or two to see what the normal loading is gone to be. But in reality, UA was pretty space constrained. Look at the massive reconstruction that had to be done to get the larger UC at LAX.
Was able to enjoy a wonderful afternoon there yesterday as well. It's my impression that the demand for dining room seats was unusually high yesterday, as most of us in the lounge were pre-view guests who of course wanted to try out the sit-down dining experience. More so, as most had ample time and were in no rush to make a flight. The situation under "normal" operations might be different.
While the dining room space itself is limited, it might still be adequate due to the lower number of Polaris flights & pax out of LAX. Comparing on that basis I would guess other PLs like in SFO might actually have less dining room space available than LAX.
Time will tell for sure.