FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:20 am
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, I would complement United as well as the Flyertalkers who came - y'all are cool. The missus and I thoroughly enjoyed the preview session we were at, glitches and all.

As I add and post pictures, here's a few answers for questions posted upthread.

Hours (as of now): 6:45 am - 10:15 pm

There's both an elevator and stairs for entrance and egress.

Here's the card/brochure describing the lounge (that others have shared some parts of) in its entirety:

Location/Orientation of the Lounge:

If you know where the former Global First Lounge was in Terminal 7 or are aware of the rotunda/round upper level as you walk toward Gates 74/77, you'll find the entrance there. Others have already posted a photo of the elevator entrance.

Here's are two crops from the card/brochure with a bit more annotation:

Here's watching folks go by underneath you through the rotunda windows looking slightly NNW back toward Gates 70-73:

Dining:

After we were seated, Flying Machine, his guest and HkCaGu and introduced themselves.

Tried to order the Fish and Chips (~4:45 PM) but was told that it was no longer available. Whether this was their decision to limit toward the end of the Preview or that they'll be short on supplies this week remains to be told.

Here's the burger, arancini appetizer and the 3 tacos' set:

Not a ua_flyer quality shot...ah well

Here's my deconstructionist shot of the burger - ordered with fried egg (plus the other dishes). Note that the fries were of the sweet potato variety - not my favorite to go with a burger.

Ordered the pavlova for dessert:

Didn't get a chance to try out any of the food at the buffet.

Ordered the paper plane drink when we were seated in the Dining Room. The drink showed up with no plane:

Given that the clip was on the glass, I inquired where my plane was....Another plane was located and I attached it:

Other Features:

Small fridges under the servery bar for grab and go drinks:

In the bank of restrooms, the far left restroom has a urinal as well as the toilet. Didn't get a chance to test if any of the others have urinals as well.

The phone room to the left has a column that takes up much of the space in that room.

A view to the west at nightfall:

As others have noted, this is the sunny side in the afternoon and may get a bit uncomfortable in the summer, even with the shades lowered.

Tipping in the Lounge:

David