FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Merging award and revenue bookings on AF and Delta
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:16 am
Klems

Merging award and revenue bookings on AF and Delta

Hi everyone,

I searched the forum for an answer to this question and I apologize if it's already been asked, but I couldn't find an answer to this very case.

I am flying JFK to CDG next week, on AF007 (arriving at CDG at 8am, terminal 2E I believe). This is a revenue economy ticket that I booked on delta.com, issued on 006 stock.

It turns out I need to go to Nantes after all, and usually I would take a TGV but prices are obscenely high on my day of travel. So I'm looking to book an award ticket CDG to NTE, which are still "reasonably" priced at 6000 FB miles.

Flights to NTE depart from terminal 2F. There is one flight at 9:30am, and one at 12:20pm - neither of those being ideal as one is cutting it very close and the other would make me wait several hours. FYI, had I booked JFK to NTE, I know that taking the 9:30am flight is a legal connection as the ticket is sold by AF (1h30 connection).

So here are my questions:
1) The ideal situation would be for me to book the 9:30am flight with miles, and call up Air France so they can merge my bookings together and hopefully make it one itinerary. Is that possible, knowing that JFK to CDG is a revenue ticket issued by Delta (006 stock) but CDG to NTE would be an award issued by AF?

2) If the answer to 1) is yes, can you confirm that if AF007 is delayed and make me miss my connection, I would be reaccommodated on the next flight to NTE?

3) If the answer to 1) OR 2) is no, does anyone agree that I should probably err on the safe side and book the 12:20pm?

FWIW, I'm FB Gold so I have access to SkyPriority.
Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a stellar weekend .