FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - renewing status after a long hiatus
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:38 am
eefor jfp

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Jon503 and Gasolin, thanks for the additional input. I'd love to have a card for gas and groceries that gives bonuses for overseas' spend since that's where we spend the bulk of our time.

EDIT: Gasolin, I looked at the card's terms and conditions online and I can't find where the gas and groceries bonus is limited to US merchants. It may be that coding is an issue but I know that, with VISA at least, merchants here correctly code restaurant and travel spending (for the Chase Sapphire bonus categories), so I would think gas and groceries could also code correctly.

Regardless, the BofA card is something to think about for 2020. I do a fair bit of intra-Europe flying in economy and so would appreciate *G (Priority Pass is nice but *G is better in terms of food in most places I transit--Vienna, Munich, Frankfurt).

On my 3-4 annual long hall trips (mostly to the US) I fly biz anyways so lounge access isn't that big a deal but I will admit it's been nice having oneworld emerald for first lounges in LHR and a few other places. Though avoiding LHR isn't the worst option, especially with Brexit looming and In any case, it sounds like I have a year to think about it.

Last edited by eefor jfp; Jan 12, 2019 at 11:00 am Reason: added paragraph in italics