FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combined 2019 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:20 am
flightrisk

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Actually, it seems to have been on and off. I saw some posts from F last year with proper glass shakers, but I'm sure there were also plastic shakers used in F. It seems to be an inconsistent point of Int'l F. See here for glass S/P shakers from last year: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30039536-post316.html.

EDIT: Also just noticed the butter isn't in a ceramic ramekin like past Int'l F service, but rather is in its package. Hopefully this was an one-off/catering glitch, not a downgrade in the appearance of Int'l F service.
I can't speak for F, but in J from HKG, the butter is always it it's original metal container instead of a ramekin. (I also checked my 2018 HKG-DFW and HKG-LAX flight photos; and it's in a ramekin from DFW and LAX but not HKG) Here's another example of it:

1/1/2019
AA126
HKG-DFW

Appetizer - Purple Potato Boat

Entree - Shrimp and Scallops

There are 3 shrimp and 3 scallops each. This dish was very popular and I would say 3/4 of the seats in front of me ordered it, so preorder if you really want it. It's a safe dish but honestly pretty bland and typical of how AA (over)cooks shellfish. I actually had my doubts if they are real scallops.

Snack - Pork Chop Sliders
This was one of the worst snacks I've had on AA, though it may be bad execution. The photos don't do it justice, but the lettuce is so horribly limp that I wouldn't eat it; the ratio of meat/bread is all wrong, and it's greasy and messy on a stale bun.

Last edited by flightrisk; Jan 12, 2019 at 1:30 pm