FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:35 pm
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by joey965
First of all, thank you to all the people who have shared their experiences on this thread. The info was invaluable to me. Last night I spent over an hour with five different reps trying to convert my 7 day OC9 to a NC. Most reps had no idea how to proceed so I kept getting passed along. I also used HUCU three times. But to no avail. Comments from them ranged from “WOW you are the second person tonight to ask to do this and I have asked everyone and no one knows how to do it” to “Well you can only get a NC4. no way you can get an NC6”. When I would quote things I had read on here to try to help the process along, I had two reps tell me that those blog people lie. OMG. Finally one gal said since she couldn’t figure it out from her Manuel, she would send me to a Priority supervisor as I am Platinum. This man was very nice and apologized for the other five reps who didn’t know what they were doing, but was adamant that I could not pay extra points to turn my OC9 into a NC7 which is what I wanted to do. I finally agreed to have him convert it to a NC6 with a new expiration date a year from today. He put me on hold to do the conversion and came back and said it was all done. I asked him to please wait while I checked my account just to make sure it was showing correctly on my end. He said that wasn’t necessary but I told him I was now 90 minutes into this and didn’t want to have to call back. I logged in and my account said I had a 5 day NC6. I read this to him and he said he had done a 7 day, but he would log back in and double check. Yep. He saw a 5 day and apologized and said he must have made a mistake. I was very kind (though I wanted to respond differently) and just laughed it off. He fixed it, I relogged in and saw the correct one and thanked him. He said again that he felt bad and was putting 30,000 points in my account. Nice gesture. But, OMG, why is this process so very painful??? I had been putting this off and it was hanging over my head and I am just glad it is done. UGH. But again, thanks to all of you because if I hadn’t garnered so much knowledge from reading all of these comments, it would have been all messed up.
On the upside it looks like a 5 day NC6 is possible