FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice for Int'l Trip with possibillity of new work assignment cancelling
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:52 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JTE458
Yeah it would be tough to miss out on almost 10k in MQM. I have no shot at DM and am rolling over 15k plus will get 30k bonus MQM with card spend so I don't expect to need these 10k if I had to miss them. The fare was $600, the miles flash sale right now is 41,000 so it's a pretty decent value. $ fare was 1 stop there in ATL and direct back, miles fare is 1 stop each way in ATL so not too bad.

I'm the PM, would be booking both, she has no status.
If you're PM now and will be PM for all of 2019 (so you requalified during 2018 or reached PM status for the first time during 2019) and have 82,000 RDMs in your PM account now, to me it would be a no brainer to grab the two 41,000 award tickets with schedules that work well for you right now, ASAP, don't waste a second or the availability might disappear. You can decide later what you want to do, including the possibility of buying with money a ticket for you in late March (to earn those MQMs, even if just for future rollover, if the price is good) and having wife fly on the award ticket.