FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:28 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JCWCVG
MSP,

C+ upgrades were processed. GA said people were ahead of me. I was 2 of 8 for 2 seats when they called boarding. Find it hard to believe someone jumped ahead in 30 seconds. The only benefit to C+ in this case is to get off these awful CRJ200s. The real issue is the deadhead pilot who grabbed my spot. I simply asked the question about Shena, to see if procedure was followed. While a small slight, we see examples of this behavior when it is more impactful like for F on longer segments.
Was there also a standby list? In principle, there could be a displaced passenger without a seat assignment who had purchased a C+ fare but didn't have a (C+) seat assignment. IIRC such a customer would be ahead in priority but not appear on the "upgrade" list.

Still, why did you board if you thought you were entitled to a C+ seat "upgrade"?