FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:08 pm
MaldivesFreak

No doubt Rangali has requested the changes to be made to the website info but Hilton IT, being what it is, hasn't yet obliged.

Originally Posted by Nstaskey
Would like input - I booked a OWV for 8 nights in May utilizing points and would like to somehow get a complimentary upgrade as a Lifetime Diamond member. My wife has already booked 8 days at the spa at over $300 each and will also book 3 - 4 over excursions on the island. Do you think I should communicate this in an e-mail when I inquire about upgrades or any suggestion on how to best approach?
I will be blunt. If you do get upgraded at this property, you will never ever get confirmation of a free upgrade before you check in. Stat. No use asking for it because they will check your Hilton status and decide before you arrive but won't tell you if they are giving it to you or not. If you do want a better villa for some reason then do not rely on a free upgrade; pay for it to guarantee it.