FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Tokyo {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:28 pm
Forever in Seattle

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kapooncha
2) I have to take issue with your breakfast comments. First, the food offerings are much more than decent. I've said multiple times previously that it's one of the best city hotel breakfasts (that I was able to get for free) that I've ever had. The food was delicious.
I'm going to second with Ross here. On my stay at the end of December, I found the Restaurant Breakfast decent, but no means great, and not at the level of other high end hotels in SE Asia. Personally my outright favourite breakfast of the hotels I have stayed at around Asia is the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, great food, and so much choice including cooked to order items. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the offering the Hilton KL was, which was almost as good. And a Doutbletree and Hilton in Java Indonesia I stayed at last year again had a really good Restaurant breakfast, which also probably pipped the WA Shaghai. All of these eclipsed that of the Conrad Tokyo, which I expected to match at least that of Hilton's in the region.

All be said, overall I found the staff great, had a sound nights sleep and enjoyed my stay there.