FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver: Shangri-La and other hotels (consolidated)
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:06 am
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by KatW
We will be two nights in Vancouver in July. I am waffling between the Rosewood Georgia and Pacific Rim. We'd book a suite. Anyone here have new info or comments to add that would further inform my choice?
Some random thoughts:

- based on your comments / trip reports over the years, I don't think you'd overly enjoy the general atmosphere at the Fairmont Pacific Rim; it's long been the "go to" place for celebrities, anyone who thinks they're cool, sugar daddies meeting their dates etc., and the lobby turns into a zoo at night
- you can find plenty of reviews in the dedicated thread in the Fairmont forum, but my impression as well as that of others is that service has somewhat deteriorated over the years
- if you want a suite with a nice view, you won't find anything better than the suites at the Pacific Rim
- one option that may be worth considering is booking a Fairmont Gold suite: suites are excellent with private patios overlooking Coal Harbour and Stanley Park and service on the Gold floor is generally excellent