FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Government Shutdown & MSP security checkpoint closures
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:17 pm
RaflW

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I looked on mspairport for wait times today and lo and behold, the little web bugs that show the wait times at T1 are missing. T2 is yellow, at 25 mins right now.

I chatted with a MAC rep via the sites IM capability to report the bug outage, and she said she had not heard of a 'sick-out' which I find maybe a tad suspect as a claim, but maybe she's not a news junkie. She didn't mention that the skyway was shut. She did say to show up 2.5 hours before MSP domestics, and 3.5 hours before Int'l flights. I'll stick with my recent trend of 1:45 to 2 hours, but even that is frustrating compared to when I used to aim for 75 minutes. Skyway was open on Dec 28 and it was a breeze.

Yes, yes I should have Pre. I keep meaning to get in the application for Global Entry, but that's shut for the moment anyway.

Edit: Flew out of DEN on Jan 5, and while wait times weren't too bad, it looked like about 1/4 fewer lanes were open that what I usually see. It could have been measured against known departure volume, since waits were acceptable. But it's my most frequent airport after MSP and it seemed a little scantly staffed.

Last edited by RaflW; Jan 7, 2019 at 1:23 pm