FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business class from Chambery to London City - what a fraud
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:42 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by warreng
Which airports are you thinking of where other OW airlines have arrangements with local lounges to the exclusion of BAEC members/BA passengers? I can't think of any of the top of my head but the case of, say Chambery or Rotterdam, there are no lounges of any kind.
There are a handful of these (e.g. TLL) but there is a full list in the Europe lounge guide. Lounges aren't going to happen at airports barely bigger than a barn.

Originally Posted by mario
Never understood why a "voucher" is a nice gesture. You're paying for this as part of your ticket price. I would prefer that the fares are adjusted to the fact that there is no lounge instead of locking me in to use some nasty airport cafe.
That happens already - BACF's CE is cheaper than other routes as the TP runners have probably noticed. On this service the CE price over Plus is around £57 supplement, whereas to GVA you're probably looking at £89, both assuming a Saturday night stay. It's more clear cut on EDI and GLA when it comes to POUGs, since these airports have service to LCY, LGW and LHR. A POUG for LCY is £59, for LHR and LGW it's £70.
===
The baggage issue should be a non-issue at LCY - though the OP got their bags last relative to the other passengers onboard, I would be very surprised if they were waiting more than a few minutes, baggage return at London City regularly gets to the carousels before the passengers get there.