FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:06 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by HollyGlen
It was the roast beef for me, but others may differ...

But seriously, I think it's just the sheer range on offer. There's a wide range of fruit, fruit juices and yoghurt smoothies and local drinks, an a la minute noodle section with a choice of four soups and ten garnishes, a good choice of dim sum dumplings, a Japanese section, roast meats (yum) with all the "Western" accoutrements like baked beans, hash browns and sauteed mushrooms as well as cold cuts and cheeses, nasi lemak, fried noodles and rice plus a range of hot dishes (beancurd, beef rendang, curries, etc), eggs made to order, a whole baked goods counter, an Indian section (roti canai, chapatis, idli and a whole lot of chutneys, curries and pickles) and the LM signature dishes corner (baguette with kung pao chicken, the thinnest of egg crepes stuffed with galangal mushrooms and spicy coconut cream, and a frittata with prawn curry). A large selection of cereals is on offer along with gluten-free breads and spreads. They have also started doing daily one-bite special preparations which they offer directly to the guests at table. Plus, inexplicably in this part of the world, corn chips and guacamole.

Quality is good too.
Thanks! It sounds lovely! And yet, mostly lost on me as a typically provincial American breakfast lover. I can appreciate how visitors from other cultures may appreciate that tremendous diversity on offer. I also assume others can appreciate how most of that would creep me out for this American for breakfast. I love experimenting with food...but not for breakfast.