FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Lisbon - Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:52 pm
flyingbee

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Many years' ago Lisbon's Intercontinetal was what is now the Ritz, next to door to the current IC.

Lisbon isn't a large city. The hotel is nicely situated next to the park, downhill all the way to the Baixa then the river. But that'll be uphill all the way back

The Marques de Pombal metro (hub) is about 5-10 minutes away.

Holiday Inn Express is about 10-15 minutes closer to downtown, just off the main avenue. It's a very nice HIX, not all that much cheaper than the IC, and often more expensive than the much further out, and rather hmmmmmmm, Holiday Inns. If you are Ambsasador/RA that might push you towards the IC and the benefits you'll receive.
I've got an upcoming stay and after much agonising decided to book the HI Express at 77€ a night including breakfast instead of the IC at 200€ a night excluding breakfast. I'm an Ambassador but flight time means I don't need late check out and the 370€ saved on the room can go towards some nice meals and bars.

I like staying in nice hotels hence the tough decision but good to hear it's a nice HIX.