FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Constructive Criticism of La Premiere
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:09 am
rosensfole

Programs: FB Platinum
A few observations from my latest La Premiere excursion (SIN-CDG) :

I think I've written before that the offering might becoming a little stale as wear and tear sets in. I think a little attention is needed as my seat was getting a bit threadbare in one or two places and the mechanics are getting to be a bit wonky. The video controller was firmly stuck in place but I could eventually jemmy it out with a knife. All minor stuff but it adds up.

Toiletries are not managed as well in the past. I guess this is down to the FA.

Speaking of which; I wasn't overly impressed last night. His inability to comply with my requests was beyond irritating. I stated that as it was a late night flight I would go straight to the main course and complement that with a light leaf salad. Before I know it he presented me with the amuse bouche. When I asked him to take it away he asked me to try it anyway while he prepared my starter. Now I could see that I had to be firm and insist he stick with my plan. The main course presented was inedible. I know beef cheek can be fatty but in this case it was cooked so badly that the fat made the meat sickly. Just wrong. When I asked where the salad was he insisted that I had changed my mind. Sheesh. When the salad came it was tiny and was a green bean salad. I sent everything away, drank a cognac and asked for the bed to be made up. Most unsatisfactory and a shame as all my prior experiences have been exceptional. I wondered if there was a language barrier but I doubt it as his English was better than most (and better than many English people!).

Thankfully, despite the occasional rough turbulence, I managed to get over 8 hours sleep. The staff in the lounge for my brief stay there this morning and the subsequent attention on my J leg to MAN made up for the disappointment slightly but I do think AF need to ensure their premium offering stays on top or they will lose us. I hope this was just a blip.