FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:32 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by anaggie

2) glad I didn’t pay for club access at $375/day for my family. We had breakfast included in the rate under my room, kids paid 50% of the rate for breakfast, we ate a good lunch outside some days and at the hotel some days, had a few drinks, went to nice dinners outside with drinks and dessert and never came close to $375 spend. Don’t know why someone would pay the price for club —but hey each to his own.
As someone famous said once, "There's a sucker born every minute."

The hotel doesn't need more than a few of guests paying $375 every day to make a decent amount of revenue. The profit margin off of buffets at $20 or $30 is huge. Imagine what the profit margin is on $375 per day.

It's not like what they're serving costs that much money. It costs even less money if they serve counterfeit alcohol, as some of the hotels in Cancun have been caught doing. And labor is relatively cheap in Mexico.