FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:47 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
If you could smell it from outside, it was a guest violating the rules, not smoke through the ventilation system. It happened to me several stays ago. When that happens the offending guest is charged for the violation. IIRC it's USD $200.
Who knows. It was the assistant manager who suggested it might be smoke coming from 19 through the bathroom ventilation.

The fact that SGS allows smoking on certain floors and at Sala is possibly the property's biggest negative IMO. I assume they've concluded the number of guests who choose to stay there precisely because they allow smoking outweighs the problems it causes with guests can't stand the smell of smoke in their room.
Originally Posted by estnet
Thanks - this means maybe I'll have to give the Westin a try again - he was quite customer oriented when he was asst. manager at LM (before going to Bali as GM and then Aloft). It is truly amazing to me how a good GM can have guests following them.
Yup. I think Rubel will be a great GM as well.