FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Globalists should avoid Grand Hyatt Singapore (No restaurant breakfast offered)
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:59 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by ORD_UA1K
This is my first negative review in several years. When I receive top-notch service, I like to call it out for all to see. When I don't, I like to give the service provider a chance to make amends before complaining publicly. In my experience, companies want to offer their customers value-for-money and make them happy.

Not the Grand Hyatt Singapore. In this instance, outreach to management was originally met with stony silence. They finally got back to me and tried to make amends -- but only after I publicly posted on social media.

I'm a Globalist and typically love the Grand Hyatt brand given the outstanding lobbies, Grand Club benefits, and lavish breakfasts in the main restaurant. Especially in Asia, where I've now stayed at a number of locations (Taipei being my favorite). The breakfast is a special treat when I travel with my family on holiday, since I often have less time to enjoy this when on business. However the Singapore hotel decided I was not entitled to the privilege at the main Straits Kitchen restaurant -- which has the large, diverse breakfast I've come to expect at the Grands -- and instead had to go to the Club, which was a comparatively paltry, poor representation of Singapore's amazing cuisine (All of Asia was represented by congee and one dumpling option). First time this has happened as a Globalist, and I've stayed at 7 Grand Hyatts this year.

When I tried to reach a hotel manager, was asked to send an e-mail. No response until I posted on Tripadvisor, Facebook. They sent a bottle of whisky to my room as a goodwill gesture after, which I do appreciate (and am giving away to a friend since I don't want to check a bag on the way home). However, doesn't change the fact that their policy is noncompetitive with Singapore peers and other Grand Hyatts in the region.
I'm surprised you got breakfast in the restaurant as a Glob benefit at GH Taipei. At what other GHs (or any other Hyatts) did you get that?

Whiskey is very expensive in Sing...