FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold award 2019
Thread: Gold award 2019
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:38 pm
Thai-Kiwi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Update. Both 50% award for Mrs TK, and GUP1 for me have been processed AKL-BKK-ZRH//ZRH-BKK-AKL by the Auckland office. I did need to buy 14000 miles for EUR500 for the Mrs.

Have managed to get 7/8 sectors on the preferred dates, with only the final BKK-AKL sector seeing us traveling a day apart - I need to be at work the day later, but Mrs TK is happy for another day in Bangkok (home for her anyway).

As I noted in another thread, the K class economy airfare that GUP can be applied to is quite a bit more expensive, by around EUR 350. Specifically fare basis K1LENZ (can GUP) around EUR 1400 vs fare basis KL3MNZE (can't GUP) EUR 1050. I note Australia has this restriction on some promotional K/T fares, but not sure how wide this is. A little annoying that a K fare suitable forGUP is more expensive that a Q fare that cannot be GUPed - but that is the system....

In the big picture, we are happy that for a total of around EUR 2000, we have 2 business class return flights that would have cost a total of EUR 8500.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 3, 2019 at 10:44 pm