FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice..contacting corporate re: "soft landing"
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:15 pm
Wimsta

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
So, for the last year and half I have been out of work. I recently just got a new job traveling 50% and already have more than 5 trips booked on DL. I will drop from Plat to Silver (Lifetime) in Feb. I anticipate that I will be at least Plat if not Diamond by the end of the year flying mostly domestic with 1-2 International trips. Is there some department to contact in corp to ask if them would extend me a challenge or soft landing? I am going to loathe dropping to silver after more than 17 years as either Plat or Diamond.
Book as much in January as possible, get your immediate C+ UGs... or, maybe if you're lucky you can find a DM to gift you GM. But, I've not seen that kind of fishing work well unless you know people.
When I had several thousand dollars worth of upcoming flights that would put me into a new bracket and tried calling I got nowhere with it, you're long history may give you better luck but I seriously doubt anyone can do it for you. Does your new employer have corporate points or whatever they're called? They might be able to get the Medallion status for you.