FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice..contacting corporate re: "soft landing"
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:55 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
So, for the last year and half I have been out of work. I recently just got a new job traveling 50% and already have more than 5 trips booked on DL. I will drop from Plat to Silver (Lifetime) in Feb. I anticipate that I will be at least Plat if not Diamond by the end of the year flying mostly domestic with 1-2 International trips. Is there some department to contact in corp to ask if them would extend me a challenge or soft landing? I am going to loathe dropping to silver after more than 17 years as either Plat or Diamond.
AFAIK DL won't do challenges if you have any status at all with them.

I'd ask. However, i would doubt you'll get a yes unless you can show purchased, non-refundable tickets that would put you over in next few months. I wouldnt expect, nor ask for anything higher than Gold. You get STE+ benefits at that level and is more realistic IMO than PM. (DM is not realistic at any level, they're trying to trim the DM numbers as it is)