FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ATL, Finding the Skytrain for Hotel & Returning TSA Checkpoints
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:20 pm
jetsetter

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
ATL, Finding the Skytrain for Hotel & Returning TSA Checkpoints

I am going to be flying in to ATL and staying for an overnight connection at the ATL Marriott gateway, and I have some questions that I was not able to find answers to online, namely about specifically navigating the skytrain and airport.

Finding the Skytrain:
It seems like the skytrain is somewhere in the baggage claim level area. Can anyone advise more precisely what area or end of baggage claim the sky train station is located in? When getting off the plane train, which baggage claim area should you go to to access the skytrain most quickly? I'll likely be arriving in concourse C and going to the skytrain.

Returning to ATL, Security Checkpoints:
When taking the skytrain from gateway center to ATL, can anyone describe the general route you would take to get to TSA? Is there much advantage to going to TSA nnorth or south? I also have Clear and understand that is only in south. Does Clear save a lot of time at ATL? This will be on a Saturday morning.

Transit Time Getting to ATL:
The hotel claims it takes 2 minutes to get from the Marriott to ATL which seems optimistic. What do you think are the min and max times lets say from the hotel lobbey to a C gate? We want to be able to sleep in but don't want to miss our flight as the next one won't be for several hours. So what is the range of time it might take to navigate from the hotel in to the ATL gates?

Thank you!