FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 12 Hours in HKG (long layover) recommendations on what to do outside airport?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:56 pm
Visconti

K11 Peking duck is pretty good. Convenient location, and serves 1/2 duck for lunch, as mentioned above. Another place that is excellent near K11 is (can't remember the name), but the road perpendicular to Nathan road opposite the Chun King Mansions is a restaurant with a nondescript black door (called Wu...something Wu Kong Shanghai) with stairways leading downstairs. They have excellent duck here (better than Empire duck in K11, in my view), but, if memory serves, it's only whole, not 1/2.

For dim-sum, if you roam around the Mong Kok area, you'll find places serving a variety of assorted dim-sum at really good prices.

PS - Regarding the roast goose, I recall it was priced similarly to roast duck when I lived in HK. Couple of months ago, I ordered a side (1/4) of roast goose in TST, assuming the price was what I had remembered. When I went to pay the bill and was told it was $200 HKD, I was shocked! So, has the price risen that much, or did I just get ripped off from not checking the menu or asking the price first?

Last edited by Visconti; Jan 8, 2019 at 12:25 pm Reason: name of restaurant...