FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] ORD-SYD NZ $1500 RT biz
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:34 pm
Brituchenite

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by as219
Do you not want to take the trip?

I got in on this at the start (major kudos to soy!), booking slightly after 9:45am EST. ORD-AKL-SYD on NZ, returning a week later SYD-SFO-ORD on UA. I really would have preferred to build in an AKL stopover -- that's where we want to go -- but I couldn't figure this out on the fly and didn't want to miss out. For some reason the SFO-ORD leg booked into econ, which isn't great either, but no big deal. Even if we have to pay to get to ORD, and backtrack SYD-AKL-SYD flights, those seem like minor considerations given the ULH biz flights. After missing out on the UA 'C for the price of Y' error, I didn't think I'd ever again see fares like this. That said, I'm going to wait to see what NZ does here. My tickets are confirmed, with UA and NZ PNL's, and I have seats. I would think at this point they're not going to cancel us, but who knows?
I got in on the last big Air New Zealand 'deal' in Sept 2017. It took nearly two weeks for everyone to be canceled. Air NZ is not friendly in honoring these types of fares.

But, given the CX 'special' fare on NYE, and with CX coming out and owning the mistake, who knows! Maybe Air NZ will want to save face and not want the negative PR that could go along with canceling.

Life is like a box of chocolates... I sincerely hope they don't cancel for y'all who got in. I got 3 for spring break, but think I am actually going to cancel as I didn't check my calendar closely enough in the excitement of booking, and my return date is too close to a business trip I need to take.