FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oman (J) Review vs QR
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:08 pm
Ldnn1

Originally Posted by PxC
Overall
Came out fairly equal, which was a bit of a suprise given QR are considered top dog. The seat will matter to most, if you aren't in a Q suiite, Oman wins. Oman of course suffers for a lack of alliance, but seems to be offering better sales in recent times, so go with whats more important to you.
Originally Posted by #1son
I agree with much of the above

however on a recent flight in J from Milan to Muscat I thought the crew were incredibly amateurish, the average QR crew would have been miles better, they are not the multi-lingual EK or QR staff

Muscat airport is fantastic and it is a more relaxed lounge with respectable local food, good coffees, champagne.............

they status match fairly easily

the Apex seats are righteous

going from Dubai to Bangkok on WY next month and figure it will be a better flight ;-)
I had the pleasure of trying both the QSuite (77W 1K) and WY Apex suite (789 12K) on my trip past couple of weeks. Like #1son I agree with much of PxC's analysis, but in my case WY was the clear winner on onboard service. I had an excellent FA from MCT who knew just what she was doing and was happy to please. By contrast my QR FA tried hard but showed a lack of experience in a few areas. So I suppose as with any airline the level of crew service does depend on who you get on the day.

Overall, I thought both products were really superb and better than many of my F flights. WY was a little awkward with neighbour before the divider went up but after that was great, and I agree slightly edged the QSuite on comfort. I hope to get to fly them both again in the not too distant future. ^^