FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:55 am
anaggie

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Staying at the property till Sunday.

Was able to get connecting rooms on a higher floor so was just happy about that. Rooms are simple but the bathrooms are quite big which is a plus. Early check in not available.

Suprisingly, the hotel had no advance communication with me before arrival. I had to call and ask for connecting rooms and arrange the shuttle which was included in the room price.

Plats or higher can choose between continental breakfast or 1000 points or the snack and drink option. You can upgrade the continental breakfast to the Buffett breakfast for $20 per person and not per room.

Buffett breakfast was included in my room package ...kids in the other room were charged 50% of the price. Also, once you come into the breakfast area, you cannot leave even if you just want a cup of coffee and then wait to eat with your family. Never had this issue before with any other hotels in the Marriott chain.

Drinks at the beach were typical resort prices — $4/5 for a beer and $10/12 for cocktails. Both meals were eaten outside the hotel as we like going out and trying different things.

Safety wise ... perfectly safe in the hotel zone.

Last edited by anaggie; Jan 4, 2019 at 3:20 pm