FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Dixon, Autograph Collection - London, England [Master Thread]
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:48 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by hphreak
We had wine with our meal, and our waiter thought we had finished ours, when we in fact did not. I asked him to check with the manager, upon which he did and returned to pour the wine. This in itself was not the issue, but the staff started to stare me down while condescendingly and provocatively repeating "I'm sorry, SIR" (emphasis his). I asked for his manager to speak to regarding the attitude, and the manager not only defended the waiter, but said it was due to cultural differences that we misunderstood his apology, and when we asked if it was because we were asian (ethnic Chinese, but we were educated in US/Canada/UK education systems most of our lives) and thus mistook the Italian waiter's supposed over-friendliness as provocative, to which the manager replied yes. I was speechless, but did not get into further arguments, but plan on writing to Marriott regarding this. To me, this seems to borderline be discrimination and amounts to racists comments. What our colour is have nothing to do with our understanding of the provocative and condescending tone.
You might try the actual owner and operator, as Marriott doesn't manage this hotel. https://www.dominvsgroup.com/hospitality-portfolio

Originally Posted by hphreak
To the waiter's credit, he came by the next morning's breakfast to ensure I had everything I need, while the F&B manager did not do anything at all.
After he spit in your food. I tend not to go back to restaurants after I've complained.