FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay-with-Points flights. BUSINESS Centurion 50% refund, Plat 35%, Gold 25% (2015-23)
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:19 pm
sexykitten7

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Confused.
  1. The feature discussed in this thread is only available if you hold a Business Platinum or Business Centurion. Which do you have?
  2. Typically, all of the points are commingled in the same Membership Rewards account. The system would not care which card earned the points.
1. Oh I have neither. I was just replying since this was the only reference to that system error I found while Googling. Thought it could help other FTers.

2. Yes I'm aware. It did sound a little fishy. According to the rep, either card could be used to book the flight but the system would only allow the MR credit to post to my BB+. Apparently there wasn't a "listing" for my MS Plat. I said it didn't matter which card got the credit but apparently it has to be the card you make the purchase with. The points in question were earned on both cards but it shouldn't have made a difference which one was used as you note. I'm just relaying what I was told by the MR travel agent.

Last edited by sexykitten7; Dec 30, 2018 at 10:20 pm Reason: fixed typo