FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Dixon, Autograph Collection - London, England [Master Thread]
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:52 pm
Nuhusky

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by hphreak
I'm at the Dixon right now. Ambiance is eclectic, but the entrance has a grand chandelier with the sweeping staircases that's normal to courthouses. You will definitely feel that it is a converted courthouse. The courtroom bar has a good feel and ambiance, but rooms a little on the small side. Decor is modernist and a bit of Parisian artsy. Most of the marble in the rooms are fake. Most electricity outlets also with USB ports for charging, which is very useful. Not much of a view.

Service mostly good but a little inconsistent, but granted it's a new hotel. Most are very warm and helpful so far, but waiting to hear back from a minor issue I had. After checking in, my bedside lamps had no lampshades, only bare bulbs (and no I confirmed this is not by design). But the real issue is that one of the electricity outlets was missing a face plate, so it's showing bare screws and god knows what that's normally hidden and protected behind a cover, posing as a health and safety hazard. I had a young child guest who may play with these and this is a big danger to them (the height of this socket is right above the bedside table, absolutely reachable). (As an aside, should there be service recovery expectable here? Just wanted an apology hopefully but the manager only said "it's been fixed" but no apologies or acknowledgement that this can be a dangerous issue, which I find a bit rude).

Let me know if you have questions.

How would you rate the hotel, keeper or pass especially for elites when staying in london? I have a back up reservation at county hall, same price. I’ll just miss out on the 5000 bonus points per night which would be great but I put more stock in a nice hotel and comfortable room than bonus points.

Two specific questions
1 are rooms st remains small, those are broom closets and I refuse to stay in that hotel
2 Do do you also know what they do for platinum breakfast?

shame you had problems but this is also their opening weekend so not entirely surprised they missed some stuff, hopefully they iron kinks out quickly. I would have been equally concerned about the plug socket with a little one in the room and yeah they would be the first to put their finger in the hole. An apology and a gesture of a comped drink or something would have gone a long way to win hearts and minds. I do expect the hotel staff though are stressed out beyond all measure