FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Somewhat scary one near Winnipeg" - The AC Master Incidents Thread
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:10 am
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by RangerNS
As far as any given brand not costing more than that brand does outside of an airport? I don't believe you. And/or, I would not necessarily want to purchase food at a $10/meal fast food place, and the randomly branded sit-down places for sure cost more than random sit-down places anywhere else.
To prove that I'm mistaken, please go out and buy any item(s) sold at Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Burger King, Hudson News, Absolute Spa, White Spot, 7-11, Wendy's, Booster Juice, Vera's, Carl's Jr etc - at any of their outlets throughout Metro Vancouver, and again at their YVR stores. Report back with the price differences.

Originally Posted by MartyYow
It’s apparently a US customs requirement - passengers are pre-cleared based on a specific aircraft. You need to be cleared by US customs a second time.
It's a Canadian CBSA requirement that any passengers that have officially left Canada (via US pre-clearance or any other means) need to be processed on their first return to Canada, even if their feet didn't touch foreign soil. If passengers have been processed back into Canada and wish to depart on a transborder flight - they'll need to be cleared by US immigration. Embarking upon an aborted flight-to-nowhere does not alter these requirements.

Originally Posted by 24left
Fin 733, an hour ago at the HKIA HAECO facility.
It will be out of service for at least one month.