FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full Service Properties that Don't Comply with the Breakfast Benefit
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:26 pm
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Did Autograph Collection offer free breakfast 2 yrs ago? I read that as fine stays 2 yrs ago, but now that Marriott has upped the expectations with a promise of free breakfast, we have lunch bag letdown!

Prior to August 18, 2018, Autograph Collection had the same lounge or lounge-alternative breakfast benefit in the Terms & Conditions as Marriott, Renaissance, JW Marriott, and Delta Hotels. That meant that breakfast was provided for 50-night Elite members at HOTELS. But RESORTS were excluded. And that's still the case today. There's still no lounge / lounge alternative benefit at RESORTS of these five brands.

What changed for Autograph Collection on August 18, 2018 -- and for the other four Marriott brands listed above -- is that 50-night Elite members could choose daily breakfast in the restaurant for member + 1 as a Welcome Gift option at RESORTS. This follows the SPG model.

A few Autograph Collection properties (Atlantis and Cosmopolitan) are officially excluded from the new benefit in the Terms & Conditions.

Unless specifically excluded, all Marriott, Renaissance, JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, and Delta RESORTS should now offer daily breakfast in the restaurant for member + 1 as a Welcome Gift option to 50-night members (Platinum Elite and higher).

The daily $10 F&B credit for member + 1 applies to Courtyard, MOXY, and AC Hotels -- but not to Autograph Collection or any other full-service brand, whether a HOTEL or a RESORT. The benefit at most full-service properties is supposed to be better.

A number of the offending Autograph Collection properties belong to the Kessler Collection. At this point, I'm inclined to avoid the Kessler Collection entirely.

But I won't avoid the many Autograph Collection properties (and other Marriott legacy full-service properties) that treat Platinum Elite guests properly.

Last edited by Horace; Dec 29, 2018 at 6:33 pm