FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flights Credited in Incorrect Sequence - Affected Requalification for Gold
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:24 am
yuayua

Flights Credited in Incorrect Sequence - Affected Requalification for Gold

In November, I was Silver with M+B and booked a good number of A3/OA flights for the purpose of qualifying and requalifying for Gold.

However, a flight was upgraded with a coupon and was subsequently credited into M+B slightly later than it should have been. This affected my qualification and requalification, which I will illustrate below. Figures are approximate.

14 November - Four A3/OA flights taken, 1000 miles more to get upgraded to Gold.
15 November - Flight A taken - 1100 miles (upgraded flight)
15 November - Flight B taken - 220 miles
15 November - Flight C taken - 880 miles
17 November - Flights D and E taken.

If the flights were credited in the sequence they were taken, I would have been upgraded after Flight A as the miles would have crossed the threshold to Gold. Flights B, C, D, and E would then count towards requalification, and I would need no more A3/OA flights for the year for the lower-rate 12k miles requalification criterion.

However, Flights B and C were credited first instead. These two flights were used for qualification for Gold, and Flight A was credited afterwards for requalification. This meant that only Flights A, D, and E counted towards requalification, and I would need one more A3/OA flight in addition to the 12k miles for requalification.

Has anyone had experience with such a situation? I'm hoping that I do not have to take anymore A3/OA flight for the year as it is difficult for me to do so given my current location.

I have tried contacting customer service and they are refusing to make a manual adjustment to my account, even though it is their lacking IT system and not my fault that is causing the delay in crediting the flights. It is extremely disappointing as a customer who has the right to reasonably expect that flights will be credited in the sequence they were taken, if not later manually adjusted.

Hope someone can help!