FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Gold Rewards, twice the rental charge?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:10 am
IsleSeat

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Hertz Gold Rewards, twice the rental charge?

I have been regularly flying into VLC (Valencia, Spain) and renting there a car for a week, always using my 10 year seasoned Hertz Gold Rewards. Charges for a small car have always been around EUR 140 - 150 a week.
Yesterday, I attempted to make another reservation for a week and I am being offered rates at EUR 265 - 300 for the same type vehicle. Thought this was maybe an error and made a reservation at a competitor.

This morning, I though to get back to Hertz and make a dummy reservation without logging into Gold Reward, as a guest. Lo and behold: my former rental prices returned to the screen!
I went and toggled a few times between logging in and not, always getting the same result, Gold Rewards twice the charge. Finally, I made that reservation as a guest, giving the same renter's information as is stored under Gold Rewards and the booking
confirmed.

I figured saving EUR 150 is worth standing in line a little and walking an aisle further. Anyone in this forum have an explanation what happened?