FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Permanent residence in china, it is a good business?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:41 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by trueblu
I don't believe there are stated criteria...but having several "high level" awards e.g. Friendship Award, or some form of high-level talent apparently helps. One FTer has recently managed it, and I know another friend who has managed it, although they are both married to PRC citizens. I've been asked to apply for one by my workplace, but the hassle vs benefit ratio hasn't tempted me yet.

tb
Or knowing the right "high-level" official. I was married to a Chinese woman when I lived in Nantong, and I stuck with the 1 year Res Permits with work permit though my wife's uncle was more than willing to assist (hassle free) in getting my PR. I knew a few foreigners who were married to Chinese citizens and most just did the 1 year family visa, which I was going to do on my 66th birthday when I could no longer get work permits. Decided to go the other way: retired, moved to Bangkok and got a divorce.